We are a laboratory at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, specializing in sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- is HIPAA compliant
- is fully accredited and certified by CAP and CLIA
- is licensed by the State of Maryland
- uses FDA approved nucleic acid amplification testing that is more sensitive and more specific than culture:
- Aptima Combo 2 for CT/NG assay
- Aptima Trichomonas vaginalis assay
We want to remove the taboos and stigma surrounding STI testing.
We encourage STI testing among sexually active youth (ages 25 and younger) - and older persons too!
We want to increase the number of women and men who are re-tested 3 months after treatment for an STI.
We want to help more people get tested and treated for STIs in order to reduce the number of infections in the U.S.
We hope to be able to offer the ability to perform some STI tests yourself someday - much like a home pregnancy test.
We are committed to helping people get easily tested for STIs in the privacy of their homes in a safe and confidential manner.