You will collect a rectal sample by inserting a sterile swab into your rectum.
Residents of Maryland, Washington DC, and Alaska can order and receive a test kit.
Do NOT order a test kit to give to your sex partner(s). They must create an account and order their own test kit.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU START.
If you are requesting a rectal test kit, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Fill out and return the yellow Contact Form included with your supplies.
- You MUST return the yellow Contact Form with your swab - we cannot test your specimen without the form.
- The first and last name you write on your Contact Form must match the first and last name you used for your account.
- Your specimen cannot be processed and tested by our laboratory if your identifying information doesn't match.
- The pre-addressed white cardboard mailer (you must apply the postage/stamps) can be put into any mailbox for shipping to our laboratory for testing.
- You will receive an email or SMS/text when your results are available.
- If you are found to be infected with chlamydia, gonorrhea, or trichomonas we will fax your results to the clinic you selected when you ordered your kit; this is where you will go to receive treatment.
- Maryland and Washington DC residents: we will report positive results for chlamydia and/or gonorrhea to Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, as required by law.
- Do NOT order a test kit to give to your sex partner(s). They must create an account and order their own test kit.
ALASKA residents: Within two (2) weeks of mailing the kit to the laboratory, you can call the toll-free number at ANTHC (provided in your kit) to get your results. Or if you provided an email and/or phone number, a nurse will contact you to give you your results. If you test positive for chlamydia, gonorrhea, or trichomoniasis, the nurse will work with you to find the best way to get you treated. Positive chlamydia and gonorrhea results will be reported to the State of Alaska Department of Public Health, as required by law.